4.29.2009

I'd like to go to sleep please...

I haven't had a good nights sleep in almost a week (I feel like I did the first week we brought Nat home from the hospital).  I keep waking up around 3 am with thoughts of stuff that I need to do flooding my head - emails that I need to send out, phone calls I need to make, groceries I need to pick up.  I have absolutely no problem falling asleep-just staying asleep. Work has been crazy busy lately - so I know that is part of the problem - but there aren't any signs of it slowing down until maybe the middle of May.  The worst part is, that I know it is affecting me emotionally now.  At first I was just physically tired - now I am emotionally drained too - and I feel sorry for just about anyone who has to deal with me during the day because I know that I am grumpy (and that it putting it politely).  All I really want to do is go hide in a cave somewhere for about 12 hours and try to "catch up" on the whole sleep thing.

No comments: