4.14.2009

Easter Week....

So my daughter got to go to 4 Easter egg hunts this year and as such we ended up with more candy than ever before.  Mommy and Daddy have done their best to help consume the confectionary culprits but I just can't bring myself to eat those dang marshmallow bunnies wrapped in colorful cellophane or Peeps (quite frankly I think that they are just plain nasty).  And I don't dare let Nat have them because the "sugar demons" (a phrase my mother-in-law is very familiar with) keep her up all night.  Next year I am hoping that the Easter Bunny will have a kinder heart and just put stickers or money in the eggs...Don't get me wrong - she had a great time and we appreciate all of the effort it took to coordinate the hunts -- I just need a little time to come down from by sugar binge.  We had a blast visiting with family, playing games, and partaking in various culinary treats (my family are big foodies and there is always an assortment of snacks, dips, and deserts).  We look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

My mom and my adorable niece

Daddy Darren with Nat and my sister with her girls.

I tried very hard to get a decent shot of Nat - but the eggs were just too enticing. 



Papa Fred (my dad) was quick to help Nat into all of the goodies.

My niece was a very avid hunter this year and wanted to have "the big basket" to get ALL of the eggs.
That eventually developed into her having 2 baskets with ALL the eggs.

No comments: