4.30.2009

Heading to Riverside

The company I work for has a quarterly leadership retreat that we call "Riverside" (it use to actually be at a conference center that was located on the riverside).  Anyways, it is a great chance to network with other folks from different divisions and the presentations are always great.  But it is also hard to leave home for a night without my family.  It is a bit of "homesick" with a bit of "missing you" and a part "feeling left out" from whatever may happen in the 24 hours that I am away.  Surprisingly, it is also a lot of work making sure that my hubby has everything that he needs to keep Nat happy while I'm out - clothes laid out for school, groceries in the fridge, etc.  And then I have two days worth of emails and phone calls to catch up on when I get back into the office.  So, quite honestly I'm not all that excited about going aside from the fact that I get a queen size bed all to myself and the chance to sleep in a little bit.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Good luck at the retreat! I used to attend annual retreats when I worked for United Cooperative Services, and they were always hectic but fun.