1.26.2009

What a way to start the weekend..





It was about 7:30 or so. Nat was in her room playing quietly. Darren and I were still in bed.  All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.  Darren peered out the window and said he thought he saw a broke down car.  As he went to answer the door I looked out and to my amazement I saw a field fire in the pasture next to my parents house.  The woman at the door was our neighbor - who knows that my parent live right down the street.  She was kind enough to come over and suggest that we call them.  I was already on the phone calling mom as Darren closed the door.  He then grabbed the two tiny fire extinguishers that we have a headed down the road.
  The Fire department was there shortly and so my mom, dad, and Darren stood out in my parents front yard for the next 45 minutes watching the crew put the fire out.  I was running in and out of the house every 5 minutes - checking on Nat and then checking on the fire.  I also managed to snap a few shots.



No comments: