4.13.2011

My second life ...

So I have to get a little deep here ... not typically where I go with this.  But at this point last year is where I started my journey into the unknown - my battle with cancer (although I don't feel like I have the right to call it a battle because God gave me such an easy go of it). Since most of that is now behind me I've started what I call "my second life".  I've heard some people say that that they started their life over or were given a whole new life after going through a big ordeal. Well... I don't want a new life - I like what I had (have).  And I hated to say that I started a "bucket list" - because there aren't just too many things that I feel I just have to do before I die.

But there are some things I've opted to change.  Personal things in how I handle what comes my way.  I am acting on making myself a better person.  We always say we wish we "could" be, I'm making the commitment to just make it "be".  I stepped into an unknown role (a leadership role) as president of the day school board.  Frankly I think I make a much better indian than chief - but we'll see.  I sent a poem to a friend.  We always say we need to tell people how we feel before it's too late - so I am (poems, thank you notes, emails) I've devoted time to me. I started taking guitar lessons - which I love; and I am learning - just for me.  There's no pressure, no expectation to perform, or requirement to reach a certain grade/level.  It is amazing how much more enjoyable learning can be.

Life is good -- and it's only getting better.

3 comments:

mochswank said...

well, you're pretty dang awesome already. you've been a huge inspiration to me and i appreciate you! mwah!

rolli grove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rolli grove said...

You've astounded me numerous times already! And to think you aspire higher (as we all should, but it makes me feel quite behind :) ) Keep on keepin' on. Ps18:33"He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights."