2.16.2011

What if I Stumble...

So I have started taking guitar lessons. A little something to check off of my "bucket list". I have a super great teacher and we have a blast! I actually think I am doing pretty well. Learned my first chord change yesterday (and it is only my second lesson so...) Anyways, Laurie (my teacher) and I were talking about all of the Christian bands we listened to back in the last '90s. Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Third Day....it started to bring back a flood of memories. One of my favorites is "What if I Stumble" by DC Talk. I started to think about stumbling with this whole guitar lesson thing. What if I am not getting it. What if I stink at it. And then it hit me....I doesn't matter. It isn't like taking a class in school - where if you do bad, you fail and you have to take it again. This is just for me ... the good, the bad, the ugly...and I can continue or stop at anytime without any pressure or consequence. And that make me love learning to play even more!


2 comments:

Amy Brooker said...

Oh, the memories! Seriously!!! LOOVE this song, and can't wait until you can play for us by the chiminea. :) Your bucket list is inspiring! Maybe I need one of my own.

rolli grove said...

(seriously, you've got an A+ so far ^_^ )
The best part is your girls getting to see you play and you'll be able to teach them!
Speaking of, I'll need to write up the chords for "I've got the joy joy joy" heh ^_^